Saturday, June 6, 2020

Where's the Manager? Ephblog Karens Lament Dr. John C. Drew for Hating Williams College


WILLIAMSTOWN, MA - I don't appear much in Ephblog anymore. My presence got so distracting that I found it was easier to set up my own Williams College related site, rather than subject the proprietor of Ephblog to further abuse and headaches from his leftist readers. 

Nevertheless, I get a thrill out of checking in frequently to see what I can do to help build the audience for Ephblog. Today, I see I'm under attack for the crime of wrong think or perhaps the related crime of saying bad things. See this comment from Chief Eph.

Sometimes I don’t understand how you can compartmentalize this much dissonance in your brain.
John Drew ACTUALLY hates Williams. He hates it and wants to see it burn, and it doesn’t take much digging on the internet to see that what he posts verifies his deep-seated hatred. He is constantly slandering the College, posting specious articles or citing himself on online college message boards, and driving students away from the College. The fact that he runs a cheap blog where he pretends to represent conservative views at Williams when he hasn’t been associated with the campus in thirty plus years is not only pathetic, but harmful to the reputation of the College since an unknowing audience would take him to be a reputable source of conservative opinions (which exist at Williams, he definitively isn’t one of them). He doesn’t criticize the College in any constructive way, and his lack of an academic career after he was fired from the College is evidence enough that he is wholly incompetent and unqualified to participate in any kind of academic discussion.
To say that these protesters hate Williams, but turn around and agree with Drew is ridiculous. You let Drew run rampant on this website, and I never once saw you condemn him for denigrating the reputation of the College. At this point, I honestly think you have some internalized hatred for the school as well.
Note: I don’t agree with all of these demands that these activists have compiled, but I can’t stand your hypocrisy.
I doubt that few if any Ephblog readers will wander over here, but I should take a moment to set things straight.

1. Of course I hate the place. 

Williams College folks assume the people it harms through affirmative action eventually get over it. That is a pleasing illusion for them. It makes it easier to harm the people they want to harm. I'm just here to remind them they are wrong. In my experience, people never get over being mistreated. I don't think there is any doubt I was gravely mistreated while I was teaching there. I've written about the discrimination and threats I endured as an assistant professor in the political science department.  Here are some wonderful articles describing my experience as a young, vulnerable, white male professor at the school in the late 1980s.

Forgiveness and the Shack: Remembering My Old Antagonist, The Late Timothy E. Cook

2. I'm telling the truth.  

The only way you could claim I'm slandering the college is if you can prove that I'm saying false things about it that I know to be false. By that common sense standard, I'm not guilty. Everything I report is tied to real world evidence, transcripts, documents, videos and so on. Much of the reporting I have done about the school is based on objective, publicly accessible records. See, 

The Purple Rubble: Williams College Council Deletes Anti-White Rant by Isaiah Blake '21

Evergreen Now! Anti-White Hate at Williams College


3. I'm a reputable source. 

My experience at the school remains in the news even though I last set foot on campus in 1989.  Much of the reason for my extended 15 minutes of fame is that conservatives are still poorly treated at the school. 

Shut Up, He Argued: Listening at the Great Awokening


4. I'm a contemporary source too. 

I should add that I'm in email and telephone contact with various Williams College professors, students and alumni. I am part of a network of observers who have specialized in raising the visibility of ideological conflicts at Williams College by bringing them to the attention of media outlets including Breitbart, Fox News, College Fix, Campus Reform and other news sources. 


Former Williams College professor speaks out: Campus hostile toward conservatives for decades

5. I had a wonderful career after leaving Williams College. 

The research that was degraded by my colleagues in the political science department went on to win the highest possible honor for a doctoral dissertation from the American Political Science Association. It was so good that it was later published almost word for word with only the most minor edits.

I succeeded in running my own consulting practice and winning millions in funding for various colleges and universities. I've won two prestigious NSF grants.

I'm still active as a public intellectual. My comments on Barack Obama have appeared in multiple history books including David Garrow's Rising Star. I have remained a steadfast opponent of affirmative action. The way I was treated by affirmative action programs is now illegal in the State of California.



If you want to continue this discussion. Please feel free to comment below. 


No comments: